Opt-in Landing Page Design Services
An SEO marketing or another online marketing campaign, such as a Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaign like Google AdWords, is only as great and cost-effective as the landing page they redirect to. To optimize conversion rates, it is crucial that your landing page impresses and is functional for whatever goal you are trying to accomplish – whether it is getting visitors to buy your product, download some resource (e.g. an eBook) or fill out a form.
What is a Landing Page?
Before we dive in deeper and explore what factors make a great landing page, what exactly is a landing page?
Simply put, a landing page is a web page with a specific, focused objective or Call-to-Action that is usually arrived at by clicking a hyperlink on another web page, like a Google search results page. Such actions include getting a visitor to subscribe to your company’s newsletter, for instance, or to buy a particular product.
It is not enough to merely direct visitors to your homepage where there is a possibility that they might be confused on what to do next. A high-quality landing page is important to ensuring that you reach your online advertising and marketing goals of converting visitor traffic into leads.
Brenan Greene in El Dorado Hills offers professional landing page design services in El Dorado Hills, following well-trusted landing page design principles, that will boost conversion rates and the overall success of your marketing campaign.
Optimizing your Landing Page for Google AdWords Campaign
There are three questions to consider when designing a landing page for your Google AdWords campaign:
- Is the content on your landing page relevant and useful to your campaign?
- Is your landing page easily accessible and simple to navigate?
- Does your landing page foster trustworthiness in your brand?
Let’s look at each question in turn and explore landing page design optimization methods you can adopt to ensure that you can answer a confident “YES!” to these questions.
1. Relevancy and Usefulness of Content
The content of your landing page must align with the core objective of your Google AdWords campaign. Google rates the quality of your ad and landing pages, assigning Quality Scores based on three factors – expected click through rate, ad relevancy and landing page experience. Here are a few ways to ensure that your quality score is rated high, by paying attention to relevancy:
- Make sure that your ad keywords and the content on your landing page match. You don’t want to confuse your customers once they are directed to a landing page by having content that does not match your keywords in your ad campaign.
- Be consistent. The message you are aiming to convey in your AdWords or any other promotional campaign should be the same throughout, from the keywords you use to the content on the landing page.
- Use a strong, attention-grabbing headline with bold text. Sometimes, the headline is all a visitor reads before deciding whether or not to click a Call-to-Action or close out the page. That is why the headline you use should be clear and direct – straight to the point!
- Accessibility and Easy Navigation
Another factor Google uses to rate your Quality Score is the level of ease of a visitor navigating your landing page. In order to optimize your landing page so that it is easy to navigate, consider the following useful tips:
- Clutter-free page: Nobody likes a page that is cluttered. It can be a headache to go through and is sure to increase your bounce rate, which you obviously don’t want. The design of your landing page should be simple, sleek and tasteful. A visitor should be able to view necessary information, quickly and clearly.
- Clear Call-to-Action (CTA): A Call-to-Action is a text or image that prompts a specific action you want a visitor on your landing page to take. Examples are “Purchase”, “Act Now”, “Subscribe” etc.- to give you an idea. Your CTA must be prominently placed and visibly written to attract the immediate attention of a potential customer. An effective CTA is simple, clear and to-the-point.
- Use Bullet Points and Numbering: Your landing page is not a novel – no one has the time to read long, rambling paragraphs. Visitors to your landing page must be able to glance and skim the page easily and quickly, garnering information about your product, brand and what it is you are offering. Bullet Points and Numbering are great tools for conveying concise, relevant information about your company and product.
3. Brand Trustworthiness
People want to engage with a brand that they trust. A successful PPC or other marketing campaign depends on how well visitors connect with your brand. A landing page is usually the first impression a customer has of your brand and products, so it is important that you convey your company’s brand message effectively in order to increase conversions. Here are some ideas on how to effectively convey your brand’s message:
- Clearly, State Who You Are and What You Do: What is it that you do and why should a visitor care? This is the question you must answer if you want to make sure that CTA is clicked. Don’t be shy to use high-quality graphics, videos, and images to help describe and capture your company’s values and essence.
- Easy-to-Find Contact Information: Place your contact information such as phone number(s), email(s), social media site(s) and address(es) so that customers can contact you should they have further questions or need clarification. You should be readily accessible to your customers. Also make sure that your contact information is placed in a prominent way so that customers can easily see it.
- Employ a Welcoming and Friendly Tone: The content on your landing page should be written in a way that is friendly and welcoming. This seems like a big “DUH!” but you will be surprised at how many landing pages lack this seemingly minute detail. Creating a friendly atmosphere on your landing page will ensure that you get customers to relax and click on the CTA button.
Let Brenan Greene in El Dorado Hills Design a Conversion-Optimized Landing Page
Now that you know the importance of having a high-quality, conversion-optimized landing page for a successful online marketing campaign, consider Brenan Greene in El Dorado Hills for all your landing page web design and development solutions! We cater to El Dorado Hills businesses, including businesses in the Greater Sacramento Area! Give us a call today so that we can convert traffic generated from your AdWords and other PPC campaigns to lifetime customers!