Joomla Web Design El Dorado Hills, CA
Directory Website Design and Large Scale Development Projects with Joomla
Joomla is a popular, open-source content management system (CMS) that powers millions of websites. It is used to design and develop top-notch websites and web applications. Joomla is easy to use and the fact that it is open source allows for its source code to be viewed and modified as needed.
Brenan Greene in El Dorado Hills has a team of professionals that provide custom Joomla web design and development services for businesses in El Dorado Hills and the Greater Sacramento area, including Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Roseville, Rocklin etc. Check out the scope of services we offer for Joomla websites below:
- Quick Joomla Fixes
- Extensions configuration
- Security Issue Support
- Layout Issue Support
- CMS Configuration
- Editor Task Support
- Joomla CMS Updates
- Joomla Database Backups
- Joomla Core Updates and Releases
Benefits of Joomla Web Design
There are a lot of content management systems (CMS) out there and it can be a bit frustrating trying to figure out the right CMS to use for a website. They all come with their benefits so it is crucial to be aware of what those advantages are. You have the option of choosing a CMS like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla or even Magento for your website. So, let’s explore what Joomla has to offer your web design needs and some of the differences between Joomla and the other CMS’s out there.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of going with a Joomla platform:
- Simple to Install and Use
The Joomla Core requires a one-click install on most web hosts. Once installed, it is simple to navigate and use, especially when compared to its more advanced counterpart, Drupal. It is not necessary to hire a web developer to create a simple website, although for more complex projects, a professional developer may be needed. There are also support communities online available should you encounter any issues while using the software.
- Open Source
Website developers, especially experienced developers, love the fact that Joomla is open source. The underlying source code used to power Joomla is freely accessible and can be modified to suit a specific purpose, allowing you to change the appearance and function of the website as needed. The fact that Joomla is open source means that there are many users that can build new functional add-ons that expands a Joomla website’s capabilities.
- Multi-User Capability
One great thing about Joomla is that you can assign different users with varying roles, permissions and access levels. Each user has the ability to add, remove and edit content depending on their level of authentication. This is especially useful for websites that have complex structures and require more than one individual to manage efficiently.
- Extensions – Plugins, Modules and Components:
For flexibility and enhanced functionality, Joomla has a wide array of extensions to choose from. There are three types of Joomla extensions:
- Plugins: Joomla offers thousands of plugins for you to mold and customize your website exactly the way you want it and helps extend functionality. There are many types of plug-ins for content, search, editors etc. For example, if you would like a WordPress blog on your Joomla website, Joomla has a plugin – WordPress for Joomla plugin – which enables you to integrate a WordPress blog with your Joomla website. There are also Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plugins available that, when strategically used, will ensure that your website ranks highly in search engines.
- Modules: Modules allow you to insert specific content into your website’s template, usually around the main content area. Examples of such content include social sharing, login, “Recent Posts”, and visitor counter modules.
- Components: These are made up of their own set of modules and/or plugins. One popular Joomla component is VirtueMart which is an eCommerce solution. VirtueMart is a wonderful, flexible eCommerce solution that is pretty straightforward to use. It offers great features like payment gateways, shipping options, product and order management, just to name a few. Another great eCommerce component is RokQuickCart.
Brenan Greene in El Dorado Hills has strategists that can work with your in determining the right type of extension that will best fit your unique goals and enhance overall user experience (UX) on your website.
- Comprehensive Navigation System
With Joomla, on the backend, it is easy to manage websites that have a hierarchical structure, that is, websites with pages that have multiple subpages. Joomla was designed to cater to this hierarchical structure in mind and is a great resource for managing and navigating complex websites.
- Extensive Collection of Themes and Templates
No matter what type of website you want to design, chances are that there is the right Joomla template – developed by third party developers – for you that you can use to suit your business preferences and needs. With Joomla’s collection of themes, there are endless possibilities to what you can accomplish with your website in terms of layout and appearance, streamlining it to meet the needs of your target audience.
Joomla is one of the top multilingual CMS platform out there, supporting over 65 languages. This makes Joomla one of the most versatile and user-friendly CMS available.
- Global Online Support Community
Joomla, as we mentioned earlier, is open source and boasts a large online community of developers and users. There are endless resources online – like Joomla online forums and websites dedicated to all-things-Joomla. This guarantees that you have access to any information you may need regarding building, managing and maintaining a Joomla-powered website.
Just like WordPress, Joomla is pretty secure. With frequent and easy-to-install updates, you can rest assured that your website is protected from vulnerabilities. Joomla provides regular bug fixes and updates to patch up any vulnerability. However, at the end of the day, no website is 100% risk-free so you should make sure that you have the latest version of Joomla installed at all times to minimize security risks. Proper and professional site maintenance is also crucial.
There is no doubt Joomla is a powerful, comprehensive and reliable CMS for custom web design and development. However, a slight disadvantage of using this platform is that for some more complex, custom web design projects, you will probably require expertise help in setting up modules and components in order to build a website that is unique to you and your goals. This problem can be easily fixed by hiring professional developers who know what they are doing.
Let the expert team with Brenan Greene in El Dorado Hills build the perfect, stunning and highly functional custom website for you using Joomla. Our developers are highly experienced in using Joomla to create, design and maintain cutting-edge and unique custom websites for a variety of purposes – including eCommerce – that will be sure to boost visitor traffic and optimize user experience (UX).